Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Thursday, December 15, 2011


This photo was taken at 7:30 this morning. Clearly, I am very tired. Maybe it is because Dave decided to sand the newly taped/plastered walls, thereby creating more dust than Oklahoma in our bedroom making it so no human can sleep. I was driven to sleep on the couch.......with a Beans and a Biscuit. Biscuit did not get enough sleep, too. Beans slept very nicely----she hogged most of the couch. (No, I will not kick them off the couch. They were once abandoned puppies alone at the shelter. I do not want them to draw from their memory box.)

This photo highlights Greta's keen tinkering skills. We call this play station her "Laboratory." She does most of her research and thinking here. She has conducted many experiments, testing the velocity and volume of her pacifier, as well as the softies-static dynamic of her raggie. You can tell that she is very focused on her work.



So the oatmeal did NOT work out. We had the same reaction: Screaming and a sore fanny. This does NOT mean constipation. It means, "Who the F*** gave me this SH*T food that is making my tummy hurt?!?!!?" Needless to say, that was the end of that.

Today, we tried sweet potatoes. Organic. Seasonal. Made with love by Momma. I hope she does not react how she did with the cereal. Greta received a very nice pep talk from her buddy Tyler Houk. He told her, "The sweet potatoes are the bomb and they help make the poopies come out." I'm taking his word on this one.

Greta loved the sweet potatoes. (I love watching her eat....her little baby dinosaur tongue gets pushed through her little sweet lips as she tries to "chew" her food.) She also enjoyed her sweet potato dining experience because she was wearing her first piece of Detroit Red Wing gear from her Great-Great Aunties from Canada. And How! (This might be a good time to start grooming her on the dangers of dating hockey players.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry about the cereals...I hope the sweet potatoes are better- I think they're damn good. As for the Christmas presents, I would just get her some sort of keepsake thing that she'll have in the future (we got Marley a snowglobe that we'll put in her room each Christmas). We did buy her a few toys, but 2 huge boxes from Mark's parents arrived today and I'm sure our gifts are just going to get lost in the many gifts she'll get from everyone else but won't want to play with because she only likes things that aren't meant for babies...such as boxes of rice and picture frames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Katie - don't spend too much on Christmas this year. Let the family spoil Greta. You buy her EVERY SINGLE THING she needs...all the time. That's love...and Christmas. I think I bought Jack some outfits, socks, and a few books last year. The Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and friends took care of the rest. I heard Santa is bringing Jack a few things this year...but not too much. We will save BIG Christmas for next year when he really understands what is going on. Enjoy a few years of savings...that's my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete