Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm a horrible mom. It happened: Greta fell off the bed. I literally turned for 10 seconds, and BAM! Down she went. Yep. CPS will be paying me a visit, or at least they should. I feel horrible. She's crying, I'm crying. The dogs are barking. Not a good morning. Thankfully, she doesn't have any bumps or bleeding---I think her body hit first, then her arms and head. AND she was crying, but only for about 10 minutes. She wouldn't let me stop giving her "pats and rubs" on her heiny (which makes things better). I feel terrible. NOT a good Friday the 13th. NOT AT ALL.

2 comments:

  1. Don't fret. We've all been there. I feel like it might be an infant rite of passage. Trust me, it's the first of MANY falls to come. Actually, Jack fell out of his bed at 12:15am today. It's only just begun, my friend....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kady knows what she's talking about! I remember Lia falling out of her swing right before she outgrew it. There's no thud quite like the one of your child hitting the floor. But don't fret she's fine. And if it makes you feel better, I just knocked Lia over on Easter because she very stealthily came to stand right under my big pregnant belly as I got something out of the fridge and I didn't see her! Talk about a horrible mother!

    ReplyDelete