Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Monday, June 25, 2012



FYI, if your child is constipated, feed them Carrot Casserole to get the pipes cleaned out.  HOLY COW.  What was I thinking with the Miralax?!?!  This carrot business worked lickity split!  Now I have a "tool" for my baby tool kit---

Greta, Oliver and I hit up Banneker Community Center again today.  One thing that I will surely miss about Bloomington is the FREE stuff for mommies and their kiddos.  The Banneker Center is a restored school that is now used for camps, workshops and classes.  The third floor is a huge open room with tons of toys.  It is rarely busy---today was the busiest, and their were 8 kids there.  Tons of room for Greta and Oliver to walk around like zombies, speaking in tongues about their morning of waffle eating and baby shredding.  I was lucky to have my friend, Lisa, and her two boys meet me there.  It definitely helped pass the time (aka, tire Greta and Oliver out).

Greta had a follow up assessment by the Occupational Therapist at the IU Children's Therapy Center.  She passed with flying colors---she definitely thought that G needed to continue the PT to work on her transitions, as she demonstrates a significant delay (as well as a mild weakness with the entire right side of her body).  The therapist also mentioned how she thought G was very bright and very funny.  (I wonder where she gets it?)

And with the Olympics, my FAVORITE event every four years, I can't help but wonder if G has any Olympic events in her future......I always wanted to be a bobsledder.  I believe that hoop dream is coming to an end as I approach 33 and can hardly run down to the mailbox.

1 comment:

  1. I also fantasize about my kids' olympic hopes. the other day I said to Cody, "If one of our kids goes to the olympics, can I still get an olympic ring tattoo? No, too much, I can't." I guess I missed my shot at my own tat.

    ReplyDelete