Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Friday, June 8, 2012


On this mystical, magical day last year, Greta was born.  While that day has since changed my life, bringing both moments of absolute joy as well as sadness and frustration, I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. 

To celebrate the day, we traveled northward to the Mitten.  We ate lemon rice soup, hung out with Great Aunt Janet, Aunty Adrienne, Aunty Jennie, and Aunty DeeDee, dumped water on the front porch, ate some graham crackers, walked around with no pants, and played with Pepe in the kitchen before retiring for the night. 


I have been dreading this day all week.  My little newborn baby is now a real person.  She laughs, plays, sings, dances, and talks.  A real person.  Time really does fly.

I can't believe it has already been a year.  I think I can finally see myself a bit in her---she gives a MEAN stink eye.  Yep, that is my girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment