Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Please note the diversified appearance of toys----we aren't limited to just dollhouses, but books, post it notes, stacking cups, a Big Wheels, dog toys, and play food. 

And from the looks of our family room, Greta has clearly begun her journey back to her "normal" self, sans The Flu.  Let me explain...

Last week, G started coughing.  Just a little.  Then, slowly, as the week went on, the cough worsened.  WELP, I was in for more than a plain cough.  Flashback to Monday morning when Greta threw up on her shoe, pants, and carpet.  Flash forward a few hours after that (after leaving the doctor), and G is throwing up on herself again, but this time, in her car seat....while I'm driving on I-69.  Oh fabulous.  Let's go ahead and take this a step further.....20 minutes after the car puking, I'm at Grammy Joan's, Greta is shirtless and shoeless ( a direct result of a flash action stripping moment), and throwing up on Grammy.  Yep, that is my life. 

So, the barf squares left after 24 hours, and now we are left with a bad runny nose and a miserable cough.  I've been pushing the fluids and finding myself doing LOTS of fanny pats and back rubs.  She is slowly getting better.  The whining has died down and she is actually interested in eating again.  Oh, I've also gone through several containers of Kleenex and Lysol wipes.  Oh, and I'm not sick.  Yet. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that Greta's been sick...hopefully she's on the mend!

    BTW, I LOVE that room...such a great space!

    ReplyDelete