Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Sunday, January 5, 2014

So here are a few things that are going on with Gertie:

1.  Everything has to be "BIG."  Big cup of water, BIG bath, BIG serving of crackers.  BIG.  Word of the month.

2.  She insists on doing things herself.  While I am mostly okay with this, it is unbelievable to me that she can pull up her stool, turn on the faucet, turn on her toothbrush, brush her teeth, turn off the water, step off the stool, then move the stool safely out of the path of the door.  She is practically a woman.  I'm NOT okay with that.

3.  She is well aware there is a baby in my belly.  I know she will be very helpful with baby #2 arrives, though I am a bit sad that I might miss my snuggle time with Gertie.

4.  She is a hot dancer.  Best dancer at St. Bernadette's. 

5.  She is definitely my child:  She LOVES the snow.  Sledding, shoveling, stomping. You name it, and she'll do it if is has to do with snow.

6.  She is NOT potty trained and I feel like she is never going to be interested.  However, she does fart a lot and if that is an indicator, we've got a soon to be potty trained lady on our hands.  In the mean time, I ask a few times a day, which is usually followed by a simple, "no."

7.  She is embracing her Dutch Boy haircut. Grammy Goble is her famed stylist and I don't trust anyone else.  I absolutely LOVE her little bob and we have received many compliments. 


 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the GJWTHF reference in #4! She's the cutest and yes, it's weird/sad that she is starting to be able to do things by herself, but you'll LOVE it when the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete