Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Thursday, January 30, 2014

We visited a potential preschool for fall this morning.  I almost cried on my way out the door, knowing Gertie will be at "school" next year.....back pack and all.....arts and crafts.....snack time.....NOT OKAY.

Greta decorating cupcakes during polar vortex round #2
 


Not only is she growing fiercely independent, everything is already 'BIG', 'MY OWN,' and 'I DO IT.'

Again, not okay.



Baby #2 is making quite a name for herself

                                                       Yep, we are having a GIRL!

I am receiving wonderful name suggestions, but I am seriously clueless.  She kicks a bit and gives me heartburn, much like Gertie.  I am hoping she is a spitting image of Greta, because any child that resembles me at birth will look like a monkey alien.  But no name seems to come to mind yet.  I am patient.  We have 18 weeks to go......PS, Dave is of no help in the name department.  All he says is "NO" if he hears something he doesn't like.  Thanks a ton. 

We had our anatomy scan this past week and she is looking healthy and measuring right where she should be.  There were moments when I thought I could make out her nose, and it looked like Greta's.  I am hopeful for that.  Greta's nose is a perfect button. 

And speaking of more children.....NO, the baby's room is NOT ready and I haven't even started to think about moving furniture yet.  We have our room above the garage that needs a major overall, and I hoping Uncle Chris will come to our rescue when the weather warms up.  In the meantime, I am doing a mental inventory of everyone I leant baby gear out to.  I am hoping it will return to me in a timely manner.  :)

PS, Greta received a custom tee shirt creation from our special friend, Kady, who makes amazing design shirts.  If you are interested, check her out! She is now a Michigander, so show her some GLOVE LOVE!




No comments:

Post a Comment