Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

GFP had a follow up visit with Dr. O'Donnell, neurologist to the stars. I had some concerns about the shape of her head----when she is receiving her bathies, I began to notice one side of her head was rounded and the other side 'juts' up a bit---where there had been a suction pop off during her delivery. This was a question I brought up during our visit. I was right, she does have some shape discrepancies, but Dr. O'Donnell is not worried at this point. We go back in six months for another check up and she'll assess it better at that time. I also asked about Greta's not crawling routine she is doing.....again, she told me not to worry, because she has such nice sitting posture. She also mentioned that it can take some time for babies to develop those lower back/sciatic muscles to make the knees come together AND start contracting in a forward/backward motion. If she isn't crawling by ten months, we go back for another assessment.

All in all, it was a great appointment. Dr. O always has this wonderful way of making things okay.

We followed up our appointment with a lovely visit with my wonderful friend Jamie's mom, Judith Ann Ott Vanscoy. She is a lovely grammy to Cole and Sophie and loves all babies skinny and fat. We stayed for several hours catching up on life---she fed Greta and showed me her lovely collection of vintage Fisher Price toys (from when I was little). It was a great visit and I hope she comes down to BTown with one of her grandbabies for a visit soon.

And my parting note: As I was leaving Dr O's office, I ran into the partner of my delivering OB with Greta. Talk about awkward. There was an initial smile and "Hello," which was quickly followed by an even more awkward stare and eye contact. Again, not a pleasant run-in. Thankfully, Beans was ready to greet me with some soft ears when I come home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad Greta's date with the neurologist went well. To make you feel better, Sean had a completely mis-shapen head that drove his grandmothers crazy, and Jamesie started crawling a week after his first birthday.

    ReplyDelete