Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Wednesday, March 7, 2012



Sam discussing the significance of crawling, in the hopes that she too will soon master this art form.

Oliver and Greta sharing a tender moment.



We had another great playgroup with my favorite Bloomington moms. I'm feeling a bit sentimental, as I truly think I've found my "village." I've mentioned this term in previous posts---by "village," I'm referring to the group of individuals that share similar beliefs and goals in raising children. I feel like these women, four in particular, are truly amazing. We are all different, coming from different families and places, but we seem to share the same ideas about parenting our children. They are very laid-back, funny, yet caring in the manner in which they interact with their babies. I love that I can discuss anything with them, and not feel like they are judging me. We've had private conversations, funny conversations, serious conversations, and I always leave feeling like I am respected, cared for, and appreciated. And most importantly, I feel like they really care about Greta.

I was very worried before I had Greta that I would not find a group of moms that I liked, especially living in a "hippie college town." Lots of ladies with very different ideals of child-rearing----i.e., co-sleeping, breastfeeding until the child is 5, attachment parenting, etc. Not my bag, AT ALL. I really feel like I've found my niche in this group. I've also had the opportunity to mix this group with my Cookie wives as well as my Indianapolis friends.

AND, pair this feeling with GREAT weather---overall, a fabulous Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment