Buckets and Birdies

Buckets and Birdies
Co-Pilots for Life: Greta and Mary Katharine

Friday, May 4, 2012

I'm a horrible mother because I have been neglecting this blog.  I've been quite busy trying to be an extreme couponer while also keeping the house afloat.  Well, the couponing is going okay, and the house is seriously suffering.  I folded about 35 loads of laundry this week.  I'm a bit closer to finishing all of it.  I'm so over it.  Greta has been very busy socializing with her bestie, Oliver.  He had a BIG birthday last weekend (1), and with their playdates, she is quite the social butterfly.


Dave had an interesting night with GFP last night---I went to fetch some Mexican food with some of my Cookie wives, while Dave was left to wrangle the furbabies and the two-legged.  They played, and at around 7:45, he fed her the last bottle of the day.  She finished her bottle, no problem.  He then proceeded to burp her.  While he was burping her, she fell asleep (gross play clothes, and wet diaper in all).  I went in to check on her at around 1 a.m., only to find her completely asleep with a SUPER PEE BOMB for a diaper.  But, there was NO WAY I was going to wake my sleeping child.  NO WAY.  Well, around 3 a.m., she woke up, SUPER DUPER WET.  I then had to completely change her clothes and give her a new thorax (diaper).  NOT HAPPY GRETA.  I brought her into bed with me, a big no-no, but when I am this tired, this is the only option.  Fast forward to 4 am, and she is still awake, thrashing around.  She finally fell asleep before Dave got up for work.  Needless to say, I'm exhausted, looking super hot, and Greta is putting herself to sleep right now.  NOT OK.

And finally, Greta received a magical package from her Pepe----two Navy teeshirts to celebrate the upcoming Navy football season.  Go Navy!  Beat Army!

1 comment:

  1. Okay now we're talkin' Go Navy from Aunt Niecie

    ReplyDelete